Saturday, June 13, 2009

Otherwise Preoccupied

Guess where I've been! There are no prizes because even little Sweet Pea probably knows the answer to that query.

Yes! I've been spending as much time as possible needed with the Princess and her little family. She is doing very well, thanks for asking, and has taken to motherhood like a duck to water. No worries on that account. It's just that we're all doing what we can to "help," which means holding the baby, talking to the Princess, doing light housekeeping, and generally enjoying ourselves as much as possible before the Princess decides to throw us out. I've been there, if for no other reason, than just to let Princess talk. We all know that childbirth engenders a whole new genre of war stories, as any man will testify as he quickly exits the room.

Prince Valiant had to return to work yesterday afternoon, so that's why I was at their home from the early morning until last night. I took a turn keeping the baby quiet between feedings so that his parents could get some rest. It was going to be a long day and night for Fen's daddy. Not only did he have to get things ready for the business's night shift by running errands in the afternoon, but he had to work it as well. Karen arrived for her own night shift which enabled me to come home.

Pastor Dad popped in with lunch yesterday and members of the Sunday School class have been providing their dinners each evening. Everyone is well-fed even if not well-rested.

Pastor Dad also wrote a poem for the Princess and Fen. Maybe you don't need a box of tissues handy in order to read it, but I sure do.

My Baby Girl's a Mommy Now

My baby girl’s a mommy now.
I stand amazed to say it.
I’ll offer God a word of thanks
If He gives me words to pray it.

I once held her in blankets small
And calmed her infant fears.
But now her son lies in her arms
And I’m the one with tears.

What marvel this! What blessing!
I cannot speak the joy.
My baby girl’s a mommy now.
She holds her baby boy

Excuse me, please. I've got to find another box of tissues. This one was emptied a bit faster than normal.

3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen must really be sick. This is the second time I've seen her forget to use a blog name! Karen, please get well! This scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen@Candiddiversions said:

    Princess was well rested as of this morning. Fen and I behaved ourselves very well last night. :)

    June 13, 2009 9:48 PM

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)