Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to our Game

Remember the game of hopscotch we're playing using the numbers from my July calendar? Yeah, I'm having a hard time remembering, too. I do remember that there was a trip involved...

As a matter of fact, when we last spoke of this subject we had just finished the first 24 hours of a 2 day trip. The next hours were just as fruitful and fun. "Fruitful" could actually mean a couple of things here. I'll explain later.

I really must apologize to the good friends and fellow bloggers that Pastor Dad and I were blessed to see that day. It is because you are fellow bloggers that I took my good ol' time getting this post up and running. It takes time to link to all of you! Without further ado, let's reminisce about the second day of Pastor Dad's and my annual anniversary trip.



After settling into our motel room (which was fantastic I might add), we prepared for dinner with good friends. Aunt Morgan and her brother, Spencer, were kind enough to bring their parents, Grandma Jane and Brother Scott, along for this event. :)

I also got to meet Aunt Morgan's favorite photography subjects that evening for the first time. They are even more adorable in person than they are in their photos, if that's possible.

What can I say? Going to visit Grandma Jane and Brother Scott in their home and church has got to rank right up there as one of my favorite places to go. Always. No exceptions. Yep! I love you folks! Just be glad I don't show up on your doorstep more often than I do. As in, moving in with you, I mean. I always come away from your home full.

And this time we were very full. "Fruit"-ful. Remember that word? Before they sent us merrily on our way they filled our tummies at the nearby Bob Evan's (thanks Spencer for buying!) and our car with all sorts of home-grown produce for later. I made a joke that some of it would go immediately as an offering to the Bear who would greet me at the door with the question, "What's for lunch?" on his lips. I was right,but honestly, it doesn't take much of a prophet to make that prediction!

Another highlight of the trip was that I got to meet little Colton of On the Branch and Living on the Creek fame. What a blessing to see how God has worked in this little fellow's life in the last few months! Nothing like witnessing an answer to prayer. I also figured out that little Colton and I are related. Mmm hmm. It's a small world after all. Chitchatting with his momma Britt and his grandma Donna was special, too. My, but they have great memories! They remember us from way back when. (I hope it is because we were nice and not because we did something insulting or something equally horrifying to think about! I'm going to guess it is the former. :) )

I also got to chat awhile with long-time friends, Sue and Nick. Their daughter, Jessie, doesn't live in their town anymore but I keep track of her over at Tales Of A Stay-At-Home Mom. Your mom and dad miss you, Jess. I missed seeing you, too.

So thanks, Brother Scott for inviting Pastor Dad to preach to your congregation. I sure hope his sermon was a blessing to y'all because y'all were sure a blessing to me -- as always! Thanks Grandma Jane for inviting us into your home for --cough-- chocolate. Yum! How did she know I'm a sucker for such things?! Thanks Jodi and Ryan for letting us meet your adorable children. Thanks to the whole family for singing with us around your piano.

And our week was still not over. But I must stop here before my emotions overwhelm me.

Yet again, to be continued...

4 comments :

  1. Fun trip. I am so glad that you got to do all of that visiting and catching up with your family and friends.

    The Lord is good to allow such times of fellowship, and food,...and fellowship,...and food,...and fellowship, and... well, you know what I mean. ((smile))

    Thanks for sharing. I am glad you are back home safe and sound. The Lord is Good!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just used the word "y'all" more than once in your post. I didn't realize one two day trip to KY would rub off so quickly. I'll have to be on my guard when we go to TN next week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a sweet sister to me!! We loved your visit and treasure all of our previous memories when our "munchins" were much younger! It is so much fun to have you with us because you are not "visitors" but family!!
    love you, Grandma Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your post! Looking forward to more =)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)