Monday, August 3, 2009

Enjoying the Harvest

I've posted about what was happening two weeks ago so I'll hopscotch for a moment back to the events of the here and now.

We've been enjoying the results of harvesting.

First I will tell you about the spiritual harvest.

If you remember, in one of my teen camp posts I mentioned that we're praying for spiritual fruit in the hearts of the campers. We're starting to hear reports of how God is working because of things that were taught that week. Praise the Lord!

And then two weeks later was junior camp. We already know that one young man trusted the Lord because he presented himself yesterday for baptism. Praise the Lord!

And then there is the type of harvest that has to do with physical food.

Someone at church gave me a large paper grocery bag full of green beans yesterday. I spent most of the afternoon today processing them. They look very nice in my freezer and will be great to eat when the summer is over.

Even though I decided not to can the beans, I still managed to heat up the kitchen in the process. Strange, but the air conditioning decided to go on the fritz. There's no telling how long it has been broken because we haven't been having our usual August heat lately.

We live in a bi-level house, so the upstairs became steamy. At one point the temperature was hovering around 90 degrees in the upper story. Please, no one tell the environmentalists about my own contribution to global warming today. I'd hate for the government to pass regulations against blanching green beans!

We're thankful for the harvest, both spiritual and physical. May they continue to produce abundantly!

1 comment :

  1. Yuck about the air conditioning. Yay about the spiritual decisions!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)