Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Speed Limit 20

Pastor Dad and I went biking again today. We dropped the Bear and one of his friends off at Kings Island so that they could experience one more "thrill" before the beginning of the school year. The friend's school year, that is. He goes back to classes later this week. Bear goes back to school, um, . . . sometime.

We biked part of the Little Miami Bike Trail. It passes near the park so we were never too far away from where the Bear and bud were located. Our trip began near Loveland and proceeded to Morrow and back. It is almost 10 miles one way which makes it about a 20 mile round trip. They really do have speed limit signs on the bike trail telling bikers that they can't go over 20 mph. People who are more fit than we are might need the limit. We, on the other hand, do not. We did, however, finish the section we set out to do, just not in anything near an hour. We're more the sight-seeing type of riders, and believe me, we think it is worth seeing the beauty around us.

We've now biked about half of the main trail and about 20 miles of some of the spurs. One of our future goals is to bike the 60 mile section from Xenia to Milford in one trip, perhaps stopping halfway for a night's lodging.

One of my immediate goals is to be able to get out of bed tomorrow. I'm hoping the ice packs, heating pads, and aspirin tablets will do the trick.

I'll let you know how that goes.

2 comments :

  1. You are one ambitious lady! Love the way you tell your stories!! My muscles ache just listening about your cycling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH! By buns hurt just thinking about it! But, it really does sound like fun! Do you have one of those banana seats? Those things are murder, IMHO! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)