Monday, August 24, 2009

Just Call Me Rip Van Winkle

We celebrated our 10 year anniversary at church yesterday. They honored Pastor Dad for his years of service here by having a few fellow pastor friends tape congratulatory messages that were played for all to hear, and by giving him a card shower and party. As Pastor Dad's wife I would like to say, "Thank you," and "Where did the last 10 years go?" I feel like we just got here!

I know Rip Van Winkle lost more than 10 years from his life when he fell asleep for his long nap, but imagine how rested he felt when he awoke! Still, I'm glad not to have slept through it all. I mean, this is what we looked like 10 years ago:

Can you imagine waking up now and finding that the two girls in the picture are married to boys they met at the church, the little boy is smack-dab into his teenage years (!), I am almost 50 years old (yikes!). And - maybe the hardest of all to believe - Pastor Dad wishes to use the money he received in his cards for new kitchen appliances!

I must be dreaming.

3 comments :

  1. Oh!- I love this picture of us. Bear is so stinkin' cute! Of course he still is today too. Glad your anniversary at church was nice. Sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been fond of this picture. It looks like something is missing. Can't quite put my finger on it but...

    ;)

    Can't believe it's already been 10 years! I'd say something completely non-original like "wow, time flies" but I think you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture! That means it was 10 years ago (coming up in February) that Tim came and did the Sweetheart Banquet for you! I think! Boy, a lot of water has gone under that bridge! For both of us! CONGRATS on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)