Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tigger On Canoeing

Remember Tigger? She's our almost-five-year-old granddaughter who is the closest thing to Yogi Bera that this family has. She says thing in the most serious voice that absolutely make you want to burst out laughing but you don't because you know it will hurt her feelings.

She's the one who wants to have a pet manatee in a home aquarium when she grows up. Oh, that Tigger, you say.

Yes, that Tigger. She was in our canoe during the first half of the trip yesterday.

Before they bussed us up the river to the drop-off point, the owners gave us an informative talk about the conditions on the river, the things to avoid, and the bridges we would pass under that we could use as landmarks. Evidently, all Tigger heard was that we would exit the river immediately after we passed under a big bridge because as soon as we floated under the first one we encountered she let out a joyous shout of "We're almost finished!!!"

We'd been in the water about 5 minutes.

When we told her we had several hours left until we completed our course she breathed a worried "Oh, dear!"

I'm not sure if this exchange had anything to do with the hasty exit her mommy and she made up the riverbank toward the bathroom at the end of the trip. She went before the trip began. I KNOW she did. But you know how running water seems to effect women. The rest of us were just a bit less obvious.

3 comments :

  1. Ha! Isn't that the truth! Especially now that I'm older! I must be aware of the bladder's conditions with every sneeze, cough and laughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had my bladder near my eyes. I cried so much about anything and everything that my father said, "Go ahead and cry, you won't have to pee so much." Now I think my bladder has relocated and I don't cry so often. One of these days conditions may change again - depends - if you get my drift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Tigger on the "Oh Dear"! My bladder is the size of a walnut maybe. That may be exagerating. Glad you all got the exercise paddling your canoe. We like to canoe just without the children fighting. :-)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)