Saturday, August 14, 2010

It Pays To Declutter

Look what I found this week while sorting through greeting card envelopes that had been saved so that I could check for any changes in addresses:



Examine the receipt carefully and you will see that the date proves that I had envelopes tucked away from two Christmases ago. Last year was not a good year for updating the address book, okay? So cut me some slack already.

Just kidding! No one could be more appalled than I was about this little detail, although I must admit that I recovered from my red-faced moment quickly once I discovered this little gem.

After all, initially I was just ecstatic to get the file drawer organized, but when this gift card tumbled out unexpectedly I thought the payoff to be especially sweet.

How sweet, you ask?

Oh, say, in the amount of $50.00!

Su-weet!

The card did not expire. I checked. Twice. First by reading the fine print on the back and second by taking the family out to eat as a reward for their joint cooperation in organizing our abode.

And there's enough sweetness left for one more visit. So, guys (specifically that would be Pastor Dad and the Bear, although no genuine offers of help will be refused), give me one more day with lots of oomph expended resulting in lots of trash expelled and you will be rewarded with another visit "down on the farm" compliments of Giver Unknown.

Ah! Sounds wonderful! And doesn't that snow on the front of the card look refreshing right about now, too? :)

2 comments :

  1. Wow! It makes me want to do the same and see if I can find any money or un-used gift cards! (:>)

    Glad it was a fun night out as a reward for your hard work!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! I LOVE those kinds of surprises!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)