Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday

There's so much to be thankful for this week and yet I have one certain something on my mind. I'm almost embarrassed to tell you about it. Almost too embarrassed. It might sound silly,but I assure you that it is not.

I'm thankful that I found the little teeny-tiny cord for my laptop's cooling pad.

I just heard you snicker.

I don't care. I'm just so happy to have the teeny-tiny cord back after it was misplaced in the "stuff" when we left camp a month ago. We've looked at church and home for that silly little thing many times since!

I've got one of those cooling pads with a unique little cord that connects the pad to the computer. I couldn't order a replacement from the company because evidenty everyone else that owns this cooling pad model has also either misplaced or broken their connector cord and the company website says it is out of stock. I suspect what that really means is "discontinued."

We were at the office supply store today so I looked to see if they sold the cord separately. They don't. But they did have the identical cooling pad on sale for $25 which was marked down from the normal$40 price.

I gulped. Then I prayed. I asked the Lord to help me find the little cord so that I wouldn't be required to buy a whole new unit. I decided that if I didn't find it by the end of the week I would go to the office supply store to buy a new cooling pad while it was still on sale.

And guess what?! I wasn't in the church office longer than a few minutes when my prayer was answered!

I've worked in that office every week for the last month and have looked in that same location every week for the last month but never found that cord! Today I prayed and the cord was located.

Coincidence?

I don't think so. :)

1 comment :

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)