Wednesday, August 4, 2010

To Lisa:

I read your email and I sense your fear and frustration. I even tried to reply to it but couldn't get the message to send. It just kept disappearing. And you have no cellphone so I can't text my reply either. Therefore I'm trying a different approach to reach you.

I wish I knew what to do to fix the situation or know the words to say to make it right. But what can I say?

Only this. I've heard Nicole C. Mullens, Jaci Velasquez, and you sing a certain song that touches my heart everytime I hear it. This is especially true when I hear you sing it because you are my favorite female songbird. And while I suspect the others believe in the power of prayer I know for certain that you do.

I want you to know that when I read over these lyrics it is your voice I hear singing it. And I want you to know that I'm still on my knees on your behalf, too.

There are days when I feel
The best of me is ready to begin.
Then there're days when I feel
I'm letting go and soaring on the wind.
'Cause I've learned in laughter or in pain
How to survive.

I get on my knees,
I get on my knees;
There I am before the love that changes me.
See I don't know how, but there's pow'r
When I'm on my knees.

I can be in a crowd
Or by myself, in almost anywhere
When I feel there's a need
To talk with God;
He is Emmanuel.
When I close my eyes no darkness there,
There's only light.

I get on my knees,
I get on my knees;
There I am before the love that changes me.
See I don't know how, but there's pow'r
In the blue skies, in the midnight
When I'm on my knees.

I get on my knees,
I get on my knees;
There I am before the love that changes me.
See I don't know how, but there's pow'r
When I'm on my oh, when I'm on my,When I'm on my knees.
(Written by David Mullen, Nicole Coleman-Mullen, Michael Ochs )

Take comfort because " . . . My GOD shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by CHRIST JESUS." (Philippians 4:19) I am positive that this verse means a heavenly home but have no reason to doubt that the God who can provide for your eternal abode will meet every need for your earthly home, too.

I love you! (And tell Dan that this means "ditto" for him too.) :)

Mom

1 comment :

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)