Monday, August 2, 2010

Working Out the Bugs

Complications: when bugs are thrown into the plans. I am currently working to exterminate bugs from my plans.

For one thing, I'm very hopeful that we can raise funds for worthy ministries, but I keep coming up with instances of "oh, yeah, just one more clarification!"

Here is the latest: Karabeth Baptist Homeschool is committed to sending the designated ministry a minimum pledge of $20. The maximum still stands at $100 based upon the number of comments received but KBH will send $20 whether anyone else participates or not.

For another, did you see this morning's Ministry MATTERS post? I hope not. And if so, I apologize.

I hardly recognized it! The formatting was all wrong and the text unreadable in places. It was written and scheduled days ago. My only explanation is that sometimes - and somehow - the formatting goes "loopy" in cyberspace while awaiting showtime.

I can't promise that there won't be more bugs, but that's all I've noticed concerning Ministry MATTERS matters.

* * *

I've got other bugs to exterminate. Most of our summer obligations have been completed but there is much to be done before we resume our fall routine. (I didn't say "go back to school" because it is hard to go back to something you never left.)

No birthdays, or camp, or VBS, or LTIA, or trips scheduled this week. Even Mr. "Fen"tastic: my shadow, my little mover-and-shaker, my grandson won't be with me this week.

A complete week void of usual routine!

In anticipation, I planned some projects. The flower beds are in serious need of attention. And there are closets and a junk room to clean. I scheduled appointments for things that have been neglected.

So guess what? I got hit with a bug. The energy level went down as the fever went up. I'm on the mend but I no longer have the "oomph" needed to just get 'er done. The normal everyday stuff has been an effort today.

I am reminded of James 4:14-15, "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this or that."

So, Lord, you've got my attention. I don't know what your will is for this week but here's my agenda. You write your plans on the pages. At least Yours won't have any bugs!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)