Introduction: Zedekiah did not take Jeremiah's advice and he paid the price for it. Things happened just as Jeremiah told him they would. Jeremiah wrote his thoughts in acrostic poems that we call the book of Lamentations. It is a mourning eulogy for the city of Jerusalem that laid in ruins.
- Monday - Jeremiah chapter 39
- Tuesday - Lamentations chapter 1
- Wednesday - Lamentations chapter 2
- Thursday - Lamentations chapter 3
- Friday - Lamentations chapter 4
- Saturday - Lamentations chapter 5
Is this the city that men call The perfection of beauty, The joy of the whole earth? Lamentations 2:15b
Prayer Journal (ACTS)
- Adoration - Praise God that He is a just Judge.
- Confession - Ask God to reveal hidden sin in your life and then confess it.
- Thanksgiving - Thank God for any answers to your prayers.
- Supplication - What are your prayer requests this week? List them for future reference so that you can see how God answers.
Look for references for each of the following:
- Promises that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?
- References that either refer to or infer something about future events.
- What does this passage teach about Jesus?
- Commandments that God made and to whom He made them. Do they apply to you?
Sometimes bad things happen to even Godly people and not because the individuals themselves have committed sinful acts. Such was the case of Jeremiah. Perhaps you know someone who is suffering just because they are citizens of this sinful world. Do you know of a way to help someone like this in their time of need?