Friday, January 9, 2009

Caught in My Own "Trap"

See this book? I got a copy of it from the library because I want to make wiser choices when it comes to what I feed myself and my family. I started reading it tonight.

As I sat in my chair perusing the pages I suddenly became aware of what I was feeding my trap at that exact moment.

Three pieces of fudge left over from the holidays.

I felt like Sylvester caught by Granny with his mouth full of Tweety Bird.

I had a hard time swallowing those last few bites. But I persevered. :D

6 comments :

  1. What?!- Fudge isn't good carbs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was fudge LEFT!?!?

    Pastor Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, no. There's no fudge still in a holiday tin sitting in the refrigerator. La-la-la-la (singing as I merrily go on my way).

    And yes, by my definition fudge is a good carb. However, the author of the book has other ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the only problem i see is that there was still fudge left

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sgt. Dan.

    I'm not sure why I'm bothering to reply to your comment because I think I'm "not talking to you" at the moment. However, what man wouldn't appreciate silence from his mother-in-law so I'm using reverse psychology? :)

    In reply, all I can say is, "Yes, there was - and is - still some fudge left. I'm not sure who hid it in the back of the fridge but there it was. But not to worry. There won't be any much longer."

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)