Thursday, January 29, 2009

One For the Baby Book

It was destined to happen and it finally did. That's the Bear's perspective anyway as he has anxiously been awaiting this milestone in his life. His voice cracked.

My baby is growing up. :(

I didn't actually hear it. Here I am a stay-at-home mom and I missed it! That's like not witnessing my child's first steps.

So how do I know about this milestone? He proudly told me. And he didn't sound any different when he said it either. I then asked if he might just have a cold - it is the season for it, you know - and he looked insulted. I guess that's like getting excited about finally seeing your baby's first tooth peeking through the gums only to have someone respond, "I think it's just a piece of rice cereal stuck there."

Perhaps soon when someone phones the house and the Bear answers the caller might mistakenly query, "Pastor Dad?" instead of "Karabeth?" (or the one that used to really perturb him, "Princess?") the way they do now. Then won't some of us be happy.

4 comments :

  1. How dare you doubt is changing voice! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a man now!!! Woohoo! I remember when that happened to our son. Quite an event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...what a bittersweet moment!

    I was just stopping by to say thank you for visiting my blog yesterday as part of BATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just noticing over at Grannie Gilbert's house the other night that my cousin Nathan's voice is ever so slightly getting a little lower also. Why do they have to grow up, they were so cute when they were babies in the nursery!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)