Saturday, January 17, 2009

$5 Printable Sears Coupon

I don't normally post this kind of thing as I leave the bargain hunting and telling to my new friends who have blogs specifically designed for this, which is exactly why they are my new friends. I just had to brag about share with you what a wonderful deal I found at Sears last night when shopping for clothes for the Bear, though. (Yeah, some of the Christmas stuff is getting too small already. Le sigh.)

Go here to print off the Sears coupon. It is good for $5 off of a purchase totaling $30 or more of in store merchandise including sale and clearance items.

Read the exclusions carefully. Exclusions include Land's End and Levi brands and some things that didn't interest me at the time. Since I was shopping specifically for blue jeans and casual shirts for the Bear I had to avoid those brands and shop for either Canyon River Blues or U.S. Polo Assn. clothing.

My main problem was that there was a lot of summer stock clearanced out that would've made my purchase even more spectacular but with the way the Bear is growing there is NO WAY I am going to purchase warm season clothing now. It wouldn't be a deal if it becomes a total waste of money.

My second problem was that things were ringing up lower than the sale and clearance tag prices so I had to keep running back to the tables and finding more items to get my purchase up to $30. Everyone say, "Aw, poor baby," in unison now. I might add that I was in the store late in the evening and had a very understanding cashier so no one was inconvienced by this.

Here is what I got for the Bear to wear for the next month. Sad, but probably true:
  1. U.S. Polo Association blue jeans. Normally $36.00, marked down to $17.99, rang up at $12.59.
  2. Canyon River Blues long sleeve crew neck shirt. Normally $16.00, marked down to $7.99, rang up at $5.59
  3. Ditto the above, only different color.
  4. A Polo long sleeve shirt on clearance. Don't have the normal price in front of me, or the marked down price. Receipt says it is on clearance and then it rang up at $8.39. Bear is wearing this at the moment and I don't know where he put the tag when he took it off. And I do hope he took it off before he left the house.
On top of this, I used the coupon so before taxes I paid $27.16. These purchases were also eligible for the KidVantage program, which isn't much use to me these days with the way the Bear is growing, but was a money saver in days gone by when the Bear wore the knees out of every pair of pants before he'd outgrown them.
*Note: If the coupon bar code doesn't scan tell the cashier to type the coupon numbers in manually. Don't take "I don't think your purchases are eligible" for an answer if you are not trying to cheat. I wasn't. The cashier was the one who pointed this tidbit of information out to me as she happily typed in the numbers.



    2 comments :

    1. Hi Karabeth! Thanks for stopping by Blog Around the World. Just wanted to let you know that you are all linked up!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you for your sweet comment on my Walk with me blog. Miss PD has been with us quite a bit since then so I'm taking my time getting around!
      BTW, I love your name, Cara is the nickname I used for my DD1 until she didn't like it anymore...about 4th grade!
      Hope to visit you again in the future!

      Pamela in TX

      ReplyDelete