Friday, January 23, 2009

Must Be A Mom Thing

Remember back when my mother had a root canal and didn't tell me about it until she started having problems? (See here.) Evidently my mother-in-law is just as secretive.

Yesterday I got a phone call from my sister-in-law, Aunt C., who needed to talk to her brother, Pastor Dad, right away. Since I was not home . . . guess where I was . . . right! . . . just dropped the Bear off for basketball . . . I had to track him down.

It seems that their mother was being transported to the hospital because something showed up on her CT scan.

A CT scan? Why in the world did she have a CT scan?

Because of the fainting spells.

What fainting spells?

The ones that have been happening over the last few weeks.

Last few weeks?!!!

Not only is it mind-boggling that she didn't tell her son (or anyone else for that matter) that she'd been having these spells, she didn't tell her pastor the night before at prayer meeting either. Who, yes, just happens to be none other than Pastor Dad.

Who now knows.

2 comments :

  1. You know Mamaw, she doesn't like people thinking she's not able to do stuff she always has. She's very loving but very stubborn as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anxiously awaiting an update on Pastor's Dad's Mom!!
    Praying for her.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)