Friday, November 5, 2010

I Didn't Need A Quiz To Tell Me This

I resisted. Then I caved. I took the quiz. I figured it was safe to come out from hiding now that the elections are over.

I'm a capitalist! My creed is to turn the market loose and let it do its job. Free enterprise, and all that jazz. If you make a product then you have the right to the profit. And I have the right to buy it or not buy it. You also have the right to keep your profit instead of subsidizing others in their unprofitable ventures. And if I do want to buy your product I have the right to wait you out in the hopes of getting it at a bargain price (bonus points if I can use a coupon!).

As for the quiz itself, I did not like that some of the questions were of the "When did you stop beating your wife?" variety. Too many broad assumptions.

I was relieved that I didn't receive the "Republican" tag. The GOP and I started messy divorce proceedings a few years ago when it openly invited strange loves into our tent. The fact that it both called me names and tried to stick me with alimony payments hasn't helped our relationship much either. Right now I'm practicing tough love and hoping it will see the error of its ways. Otherwise, I'll end up being a politically conservative but personally liberal Independent (which means I don't mind generously donating money to help those who are struggling - and I often do - but I prefer to cut out the bossy government middle man who seems to have really sticky fingers).

Anyway, I like the Capitalist designation better. I'm a home economist, not a party gal.

You are a





Social Moderate
(41% permissive)

and an...




Economic Conservative
(75% permissive)

You are best described as a:





Link: The Politics Test on Ok Cupid
Also: The OkCupid Dating Persona Test



Capitalist





2 comments :

  1. Will have to take the quiz - because I have no idea what my label is, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom is 41% permissive? My younger self would beg to differ.

    Just kidding. ;)

    My results did say Republican (36% / 70%) but we've had the same parting of ways that you describe.

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)