Monday, November 29, 2010

In the Zone

The Bear had a basketball scrimmage tonight at a school quite a distance from our house. We left plenty of time to get there and were the first to arrive.

I settled at the top of the bleachers. I wanted to rest my back against the wall.

I was there by myself for awhile. Parents that I knew chose spots nearer the court. I waved, but I didn't join them.

As the varsity and jv teams alternated halves I watched from my perch. Most of the time our guys were "in the zone."

Suddenly, so was I. Somehow I found myself in the Valley Girl Zone! About 25 teenaged girls rushed to the top of the bleachers and joined me.

So . . . like . . . what's it like in the Valley Girl Zone? Groan! I would gladly have given up the prime real estate if only there had been a way to make an exit. But there wasn't. I was surrounded by a group of girls who like said the weirdest things, and like had the weirdest haircuts, and like really, when is this going to be over?! because they were like so hungry!

Oh, and they smelled like each and every one of them was wearing Bath and Body Works scents. Different scents.

Between the silly girl talk, overpowering aromas, and the rain that began falling outside I developed a sick headache. So even though it was dark and rainy when we left I let the Bear drive part of the way home. I think he felt like he was truly in the zone tonight, too, because he was stunned and thrilled when I handed him the keys. Then I just zoned out for awhile.

You can do likewise now because we obviously made it safely back home to our own comfort zone. And I'm mighty glad that we did. Like fer shur.

3 comments :

  1. Like, that was a fun read, like, I can't stand all those different like scents!! LOLLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOL! Like I don't EVEN want to imagine it! Cuz, like, I've already got a headache! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had to sit through that. I'm glad Aaron got you home safe ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)