Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mind Games

When under stress the brain has the power to conjure up some strange scenarios! We've reached the stage where we can laugh about yesterday afternoon's "alarm." Actually, we'd reached that stage about the time the last slice of pizza disappeared an hour later. Over dinner I asked Pastor Dad and The Bear what went through their minds when they returned home and found me gone. These are their responses.

Theory 1:
That you (that would be me) had taken the dog for a walk, then had fallen and were lying somewhere hurt.

Hole in the theory:
Normally I can't stop while going about my daily chores without that dog bumping into the back of my kneecap, but yes, I can see your point. She's a female dog, but she's no Lassie.


Theory 2:
Your car wasn't here so we figured you'd parked it somewhere in the neighborhood in order to take the dog for a walk, something happened, and the dog made her way home.

Holes in the theory:
Um, our subdivision isn't that large so if I'm going to chauffer the dog around it kind of defeats the whole purpose of "taking the dog for a walk," doesn't it?



Theory 3:
Yes, but it is still possible that Pepper ran off, you were hunting for her, but in the meantime she'd found her way home.

Holes in the theory:
The dog was inside the house and the last time I checked, she didn't have a door key.



We've had a lot of fun talking about the scenes they imagined when they came home and found my purse and its contents nearby the dog who just happened to be catching forty winks across my pillow! But if I ever really do get hurt while walking the dog I'm glad I can count on my guys to come to my rescue since if I learned anything from this escapade (besides to make sure I have my phone with me at all times) it is that none of us has very much faith in the dog.




.

1 comment :

  1. Our minds JUMP to conclusions pretty quickly, don't they?! I think it is sweet that the guys were so concerned for you that the thinking caps got unscrewed just a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)