Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How A Modern Family Communicates

The Bear is well enough now to have moved off the upstairs couch and onto the downstairs recliner where he can watch Netflix or play video games.

Pastor Dad has been up and down, but for the last couple of hours he has been more down than up and is probably in bed for the night. His Blackberry is somewhere nearby because he won't be asleep for quite some time yet.

I am playing researching on the computer far from the germs folks who are resting. Ahem. My Twitter is open and so is my email.

Ding! I received a Twitter message. It also went to email because it was a direct message from Pastor Dad who is - you know - all the way down the hall in our bedroom. The message he sent me was, "Your phone rang" meaning my cell phone, of course.

My phone was hooked up to my charger in the bedroom so I went back there, spoke briefly to Pastor Dad to make sure he's feeling okay (he is), and checked my phone to see who had called me.

Well, no one had called me, but someone had definitely sent me a text message. You guessed it! That would be The Bear: the guy downstairs in the easy chair. He must be feeling better because he was asking specific questions about the kinds of soup we have on hand.

I did what any mother of my generation would do when her child doesn't make the effort to come up and ask personally. I sent him a reply on my cell phone.

I thought this was funny, but I'm guessing the techno geniuses would think it even more so. I bet they're laughing all the way to the bank!

2 comments :

  1. I love it! I'm sure I'll be there one day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! Why walk when you can just text? :)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)