Monday, February 20, 2012

Memory Monday: This Says It Better Than I Ever Could!

One of my Twitter buddies recently posted a link to an excellent article about the lost art of memorizing scripture (see article here at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association website). I am directing your attention to it hoping that Rob Morgan's eloquence will convince you of the importance of memorizing scripture if my own feeble attempts have not already done so. He reinforces my belief that it doesn't matter how old you are. You should be memorizing scripture! Please take the time to read it.

Then after reading the article begin a list of verses that you want to memorize. I provide one here each Monday from the Bible schedule to get you started but it is not meant to be exhaustive (meaning "complete," not "exhausting.") These are just my suggestions. Pick one from my list or from your own and start memorizing!

Here's my list this week:

  • Exodus 12:13 ("When I see the blood I will pass over you." Remember that old hymn?)
  • Exodus 14:13, 14
  • Exodus 15:26
  • Exodus 20:1-17 (The Ten Commandments)
  • Mark 8:34-38
  • Mark 9:37
  • Mark 10:14, 15
  • Mark 10:45 (The key verse of the Gospel of Mark)
  • Mark 11:22-26
  • Mark 12:26, 27
  • Mark 12:29-31
  • Mark 13:31-33
  • Mark 14:38

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)