Monday, February 6, 2012

Memory Monday: A New Month to Memorize Scripture

Source


See this gold star?  It was awarded to me for memorizing John 1:1-14 in January! Okay, I virtually gave it to myself, but I did say the passage in its entirety to Pastor Dad as proof that I could do it. I am virtually giving you one, too, if you are currently memorizing scripture.  I'm positive that the Lord has better rewards than gold stars in store for those who hide His word in their heart.

Now I am looking for a scripture passage to memorize in the month of February.  Any suggestions?  Are there some that you've noticed from our readings that I've neglected to mention? You might find other verses within these chapters that you would like to memorize instead of the ones I list.  The ones I mention are only suggestions.

There are some familiar scriptures scattered among the chapters we'll be reading this week.  These aren't exactly memory verses as much as phrases that almost everyone knows because they have become part of popular culture.  It's sad to think that in years gone by most people were Biblically literate but now the only parts most people know of the Bible are bits that they think of as cliche.
  • Matthew 22:14
  • Matthew 22:21
  • Matthew 23:37
  • Matthew 24:35
  • Matthew 24:42
Then there are some great verses here that are not as widely quoted but should be memorized:
  • Matthew 22:36-40
  • Matthew 25:35-40

If you already know these verses or would prefer to memorize verses or a passage from a previous list I'll post the links below so that you (or maybe that should be "I") may find them easily.
Have a very blessed week in the Word!

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for the Gold Star.
    I'll be looking over these verses to memorize, Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)