Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday's Tune-Up:Seeing Shadows

It's Groundhog's Day. I'm drinking my coffee from a Groundhog Town U.S.A., Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania mug and mentally thanking an old friend for the souvenir and God for the fact that I don't live there and need to know how to spell Punxsutawney.

It's a day for predictions and looking forward to change. It could even be a day for seeing shadows.

Have you ever experienced a shadow of doubt? They make you understand why a groundhog might want to run and hide.

I've got to admit that I've had some problems incorporating Bible memory into my routine but I've almost got John 1:1-14 memorized. I doubted that I could do it but now I'm looking forward to choosing a passage for this month!

I didn't exercise on the treadmill or weight bench in January as much as I planned. I doubted that I could lose the inches apart from doing these things but I've managed to drop a few.

Obviously, my doubts were baseless.

A month of 2012 has already passed. Like shadows the days quickly fade. Banish any doubts that linger about your ability to do things that God requires you to do. He never changes but He expects you to do so constantly as you grow and mature in your faith.  The light of God's Word results in gifts in the heart much like the longer daylight in the Spring results in nourishment for awakening plants.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17 (KJV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)