Friday, February 24, 2012

Not The Usual Friday Post

If you haven't heard the news yet, please go here and read my daughter's blog post. I don't have much to add except this poem that I wrote in memory of my little grandson whom I'll meet in Heaven someday.

source

He’ll Lead Us Through

If you should wake some morning
Wondering what the day may bring,
And in an instant without warning
Your phone begins to ring

Bearing news your soul disturbing
Such as causes you to cry
Great tears there are no curbing
As you ask the question, "Why?"

Just remember you've a Savior
Acquainted with your grief
Whose very own behavior
Can chase away the thief

That robs the joy of living
As you go about your day.
His peace He will be giving
For sweet comfort on your way.

On the journey He will guide you
O'er the pathway strewn with care.
He alone knows the way through.
See this hard road? He's been there!

The grave, it held no power
As He fought the battle. See!
The Victor in that hour
Was the one and only He!

Death's now an opaque curtain
Hiding dear ones from our sight,
But this we know for certain
In Heav'n darkness is made light.

He'll lead through worldly sorrow
Where good-byes cause grief and pain
To that land of bright tomorrow
Where loved ones we'll meet again.

K. Pitman
February 2012
(Dedicated to my family as we mourn our loved ones who have recently gone Home.)






2 comments :

  1. What a beautiful poem to remind everyone of God's love and care - yes, even in the times of crises. My heart aches for you all. As the Lord carries you through this valley of sorrow and grief, may you feel His Comforter surround you and hold you tight. We're holding you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing. May God bless your family. I have added you and your family to my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)