Saturday, August 24, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 33 Friday

source
Judges chapter 1

This chapter begins the tale of the successes and failures of the Children of Israel in regards to the Canaanites and possession of the land.

Does God issue any commands?

  • In answer to their question, God told Judah to be the first tribe to fight against the Canaanites.


Does God make any promises?

  • He promised to deliver the land into the hands of the men of Judah.


Does this chapter teach anything about Jesus?
The tribe of Judah led the conquest! Jesus is the lion of the tribe of Judah. He will always lead the battle charge.

Does this chapter teach anything about yet-future events?

  • None that I identified.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)