Saturday, August 31, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 34 Friday

source
Judges 8:1-9:6

Part of this passage is hard to read. After the military successes of Gideon we also encounter his personal failures that led to significant family problems. Heartbreaking!

Does God issue any commands in this passage?

  • God did not speak in this passage.


Does God make any promises?

  • God did not speak.


Does this passage teach anything about Jesus?

  • Gideon stated that the LORD would be the only true ruler over Israel. Jesus is that ruler.


Does this passage teach anything about yet-future events?

  • Not that I identified.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)