Saturday, February 2, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 4 Saturday

source

He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing. Job 26:7



Job 25:1-27:23

Ah! Time for Bildad's third speech. Thankfully, it's short (only 6 verses in chapter 25). But within this short chapter there are a few verses that are widely quoted, "How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?" (verse 4) and "How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?" (verse 6). Well, praise the Lord we know the answer to those questions!!!!

Job's response is found in chapters 26 and 27. Chapter 26 is an eloquent description of God's work of creation. It is his admiration of God's creative abilities that make Job reaffirm his faith and his own integrity in chapter 27.

Does God make any promises in this passage? If so do they apply to me?
Job mentions that he will teach his friends the promises that God makes for the wicked (27:11). And then he makes a list.
I don't want to be numbered among the wicked! 
Are there references to Jesus in this passage?
Jesus is how a man can be justified with God. His shed blood is what makes a person clean in the sight of God.
Are there references to future events (in the future for us, that is) in this passage?
If there are, they would be among the terrors awaiting the wicked (end of chapter 27).
Does God make any commands in this passage? If so, to whom? And are they commands that I also must obey?
There are no direct commands in this passage other than to not be wicked!
Did you find anything else of interest to you? Please share!


A whole-hearted "THANK YOU" to those who have left comments sharing what they find in the scripture passages. It is nice to know that my plea to find and share is not being ignored! The information that I post each day is what I find in my own personal reading and is not taken from commentaries. It is my sincere request to hear what others find because I know I miss so much no matter how thorough I try to be in my own devotions.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)