Monday, February 4, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 5 Monday

source
Mining For Wisdom

Job 28:1-29:25

But where shall wisdom be found? Job asks in 28:12? Everything else of value can be mined from the earth but even the birds of the air have no idea! (see 28:21)

Does God make any promises in this passage? If so do they apply to me?
No promises that I could identify.
Are there references to Jesus in this passage?
This wisdom that Job describes so elaborately as treasure that cannot be mined from the earth is compared to the price of a virtuous woman (see Job 28:18 and Proverbs 31:10) but just as this passage describes a heavenly wisdom and knowledge that can only be described as being Godly, the book of Proverbs personifies wisdom as a woman crying to fools in the hope of saving them from destruction. JESUS, though not a woman, is the embodiment of wisdom!
Are there references to future events (in the future for us, that is) in this passage?
No, these chapters, especially chapter 29, look backward in time and not forward.
Does God make any commands in this passage? If so, to whom? And are they commands that I also must obey?
I did not find any direct commands in this passage.
Did you find anything else of interest to you? Please share!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)