Friday, February 22, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 7 Friday

source

Genesis 19:30-20:18 

When it comes to reading the Bible, this is probably one of my least favorite passages. It shows just how reprobate even the people of God are when left to their own devices. I am not surprised, although I am disgusted, when reading about the degradation that Lot's daughters instigated, but when Abraham sends his still-beautiful wife, Sarah, into a harem I almost cannot endure it. The temptation to do things our own way is great.

A couple of days this week we read a couple of rich passages containing God's promises. This is not one of those days.

Does God make any promises in this passage? If so, to whom?
No, God does not speak in this passage.


Are there any references to Jesus in this passage?
No.
 
Are there any references to End Time events?
No.
 
 Does God issue any commands in this passage? If so, to whom?
No, God does not speak.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)