Saturday, February 16, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 6 Saturday


source
Genesis 12:4-13:18 

Does God make any promises in this passage? If so, to whom? And do those promises apply to me?
Yes, in 12:7 the LORD appeared to Abram and told him that this was the land He would give his descendants. He said it to Abram the third time also (13:14-17).
God also promises that Abraham's descendants would be so many that man could not number them. 

Is there any reference to Jesus in this passage?
None that I saw.

Is there any reference to End Times or eternity in this passage?
Yes, when God tells Abraham that the land would belong to Abraham's family forever that must mean exactly that! 

Does God make any commands in this passage?
Yes, He tells Abraham first to look at the land and then He tells him to walk throughout the land to see it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)