Friday, March 29, 2013

Read Along With Me...And a Few Hundred Other Women

You might have noticed the button on my left sidebar for the Women's Bible Cafe (scroll down a bit). If you visit their website you might find an online Bible study group in which you wish to participate or links to help you in your walk with the Lord.

Now you will also find a link for a Book Club! The first month's selections have been posted and it isn't too late to participate. Actually, discussion does not even begin until May so you have time to obtain the books, take notes, and get ready for the website or Facebook discussion.

I've got my books and I'm ready to go!

And with keeping with that frugal gene that seems to be dominant in my DNA let me give you a few hints for getting the books inexpensively. I, for one, don't like to buy hard copies of a book unless I deem it a "keeper" that I must read again and mark up thoroughly. Even then, I might just highlight my Kindle copy excessively. :)

April Fiction 

This book is available for free at Paperbackswap (I just checked.)

It is available as a paperback for various prices at Amazon, depending on whether you want a new copy or not. They have it available as a Kindle book for $5.99.

It is available as an ebook at CBD for $5.99 and you can read it on your computer, Kindle Fire, iPod, etc.  They also have the paperback for $10.49, which is comparable to new at Amazon.



April Non-fiction 

This book is available in paperback at Amazon for various prices, again depending upon whether you desire a new copy. It is also available for the Kindle Fire and you can borrow it for F-R-E-E if you are a Prime member (which I am). Or you can buy it for your Kindle Fire for $8.54 if you wish. (There are also audiobook versions available.)

It is also available at CBD in paperback for $8.99 or ebook for $8.44. They also sell the DVD audiobook version.



As you can see, both books can be obtained for free if you would like to participate but you don't want to spend money or your library doesn't have a copy available for loan.

(**The pictures are courtesy of Amazon. I am NOT an Amazon affiliate and receive no compensation for encouraging the reading of these books.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)