Thursday, March 14, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 10 Thursday

source
Genesis 39:1-40:23
Joseph is taken by the slave traders to Egypt and sold to Potiphar. He goes from being an enslaved household overseer to being an imprisoned slave. Even in these conditions God prospers him.

Does God make any promises in this passage?
God makes no explicit promises to Joseph, but wherever Joseph lives, that place is blessed.

Are there any references to Jesus?
Joseph is a type of Christ. In this passage he is tempted, yet without sin.

Are there any references to future or eternal events?
None that I saw.

Does God issue any commands?
God does not speak.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)