Friday, March 22, 2013

More Grandchild T-shirts

We've been busy lately (so what else is new?) but I did manage to get a few more t-shirts and/or onesies done. I particularly wanted to finish Roman's so that I can get it in the mail with his Easter basket. I did our Diamond Girl's at the same time. And in my "free time" (uh...what's that?) I worked on Sweet Pea's shirt.

That means I have 2 shirts left to make this spring, but since spring doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get here I think I'll have time to get Polly's and Lili Ladybug's shirts done before they need them. I'm thinking of doing some beading or jewels around a neckline for Polly and appliqueing a ladybug (of all things) on Miss Lili's shirt. Anyway...

Roman's onesie and Sweet Pea's shirt


The transfer (shown below) are of Pepper as a puppy and  the rascal she is now. Since there is so, sO, SO much BROWN ink in the photos (What else would one expect a chocolate lab-mutt mix to use?) the puppy picture wasn't distinct enough after the transfer so I used fabric pens to turn Pepper-the-puppy into a drawing of herself. I wish I could do that with the real Pepper sometimes.

I also used fabric markers to color the words. Sweet Pea likes color as much as she likes Pepper and that's saying a lot. :)
The next two pictures show you the applique bunny with his little cottontail and the sentiment that I wrote that says "Somebunny who keeps everybunny else hopping" Appropriate? Hmm. Maybe we better ask his mommy and daddy.


After tracing my bunny onto heat bond web fusing and ironing it on, I added the ear in the same way, then outlined him in a blanket stitch. I also embroidered an eye, nose, mouth, and hind leg details before sewing on a pom-pom tail.


Our little Diamond Girl's pink onesie is identical to her cousin Roman's blue one except that I used different calico prints and colors.

The purple-lavender version of the bunny
with his blanket stitch, embroidery, and tail


A slightly blurry view of the words, because,
you know, she really does keep us hopping


Here she is modeling the shirt while showing everyone just one of the many ways that she stays active. (She loves to climb! And those bunnies in the rocker bench must come out to allow the sweetie wearing the bunny on her shirt to use it as a step stool.)


 
And yes, *clap, clap* she is so happy that her Gram got her shirt done before she outgrew it!  And so is her Gram.  :)

1 comment :

  1. Those are adorable! And yes, Roman does keep us hopping :)

    ReplyDelete

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)