Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 9 Wednesday

source: stock.xchng
Genesis 31:1-55

Does God make any promises in this chapter?
Verse 3 - God promises Jacob that if he will obey and go back to his father and family He will be with him. (This is God's way of fulfilling the provisions of Jacob's vow found in 28:20-21.)

Are there any references to Jesus?
Not that I identified.

Are there any references to End Time or eternal events?

Not that I identified.

Does God issue any commands?

  • Verses 3, 13 - God tells Jacob to return home to his father and family.
  • Verse 24 - God warns Laban to be careful how he treats Jacob when he catches up with him in Mount Gilead.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)