Monday, March 4, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 9 Monday

source


Genesis 29:1-35

As I read this chapter I always imagine a bit of suspenseful music for the bit of foreshadowing found in verse 14 when Laban tells Jacob, "Surely thou art my bone and my flesh." I suspect it wasn't only that they shared a family resemblance, if indeed they did, but one nave recognizing another one. Let the trickery continue!

Does God make any promises in this chapter?
God does not speak.

Are there any references to Jesus?
There is a sweet picture of redemption in this chapter: the passionate bridegroom paying the price for his beloved by the sweat of his brow and having the feeling at the end that the time passed quickly merely because of his love for her. Such is Jesus' love for those He has redeemed.

Are there any references to End Time events or eternity?
None that I identified.

Does God issue any commands in this chapter?
God does not speak in this chapter.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)