Friday, January 11, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 1, Friday

source

Genesis 6:1-7:10

Does God make any promises in this passage? If so do they apply to me?
(6:18) God made a covenant of life with Noah, his family, and the animals that were taken aboard the ark.
I am the direct result of this promise being fulfilled!

Are there references to Jesus in this passage?
The ark is a type (meaning picture or symbol) of Jesus. Those that are in Him have life with destruction comes. 

Are there references to future events (in the future for us, that is) in this passage?
None that I found.

Does God make any commands in this passage? If so, to whom? And are they commands that I also must obey?
God gave Noah two commands. (6:14-16) Build the ark; (6:19-7:3) Take a male and female of every unclean animal, 7 of every clean beast, and 7 of the birds, as well as food to feed everyone. Noah did as God commanded (6:22 and 7:5). 
I found no direct commands applying to me. 


Did you find anything else of interest to you? Please share!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)