Saturday, January 26, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 3, Saturday

source




Job 16:6-17:16

Read the verses in chapter 16 slowly and carefully. Do they remind you of any GREAT event?

Does God make any promises in this passage? If so do they apply to me?
There are no promises of God in today's reading except when compared with other scripture.
Are there references to Jesus in this passage?
If Job's friends are the anti-type of Jesus then Job is a type of Christ. Beginning at chapter 16 verse 6 and reading through chapter 17 verse 12 we can see a beautiful foreshadowing of the crucifixion.
In 17:15 Job questions where is his hope? Several verses in the psalms say that our hope is in the Lord (see Psalm 39:7, 71:5 for example). 
Are there references to future events (in the future for us, that is) in this passage?
None that I could identify.
Does God make any commands in this passage? If so, to whom? And are they commands that I also must obey?
God does not speak in this passage.

Did you find anything else of interest to you? Please share!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)