Saturday, January 19, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 2 Saturday

source 


Job chapter 6

This chapter records Job's first response to a friend's accusations. Like Eliphaz, he mistakenly believes that God is the source of his torment (v. 4).  Although there is little found in this chapter to answer the four questions, there is much information about Job's belief in the Holy God.

Does God make any promises in this passage? If so do they apply to me?
Job is the speaker and there are no promises given.
Are there references to Jesus in this passage?
Jesus, as the second person of the Trinity, is the Holy One mentioned in verse 10. He is also part of the Almighty mentioned in verses 4 and 14.

Are there references to future events (in the future for us, that is) in this passage?
None that I identified.

Does God make any commands in this passage? If so, to whom? And are they commands that I also must obey?
God does not speak in this passage.

Did you find anything else of interest to you? Please share!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)