Monday, January 28, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 4 Monday

source
For I know that my redeemer liveth and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Job 19:25-27



Job 18:1-19:29

Chapter 18 contains Bildad's second accusatory speech against Job and chapter 19 contains Job's rebuttal. Chapter 19 also contains some of my favorite passages found in this whole book!

Does God make any promises in this passage? If so do they apply to me?
The promise of the resurrection isn't given by God - because God does not speak - but Job clearly believes in the promise of the resurrection.
Are there references to Jesus in this passage?
Like Saturday's passage, this one contains a set of verses that sound very much like they are speaking of the suffering Messiah and not just Job. These are found in 19:6-14.
Then there are the verses quoted above (19:25-27). Jesus is the redeemer!
Are there references to future events (in the future for us, that is) in this passage?
In the same verses above, Job tells of the future coming of Christ to the earth. He also states that he will see God with his eyes even though death destroys the body. This speaks of bodily resurrection.
Does God make any commands in this passage? If so, to whom? And are they commands that I also must obey?
God does not speak in this passage and there are no commands.

Did you find anything else of interest to you? Please share!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)