Friday, January 25, 2013

Journal Through the Bible: Week 3 Friday

Source

Job 15:1-16:5

Chapter 15 contains the second speech given by Eliphaz and the first few verses of chapter 16 are words of condemnation that Job directed to all three of his friends.

Notice that Eliphaz answers Job's sarcasm with a bit of his own!

Does God make any promises in this passage? If so do they apply to me?
There are no promises of God in today's reading. Remember that Eliphaz was the friend who had frightening night visions which told him half-truths and flat-out lies that contradict God's goodness.
Are there references to Jesus in this passage?
No, as mentioned before, Job's friends are the anti-type of Jesus. For instance, in 16:2 he calls them miserable comforters. Jesus was known for the comfort He gave to anyone who was afflicted and willing to trust Him for healing.
Are there references to future events (in the future for us, that is) in this passage?
None that I could identify.
Does God make any commands in this passage? If so, to whom? And are they commands that I also must obey?
God does not speak in this passage.

Did you find anything else of interest to you? Please share!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalms 19:14 (KJV)